Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Its All About Your Heart: Celebrating my 14th Wedding Anniversary

Today marks my 14th wedding anniversary.  Somehow 14 sounds so much more than 13!


Recently I was at a friend's birthday luncheon, mostly amongst ladies I was meeting for the first time.  The entire group began remarking and joking about how getting their husbands to write them a love letter would basically be akin to them consenting for a root canal without anesthesia.  How their men would never take the initiative to write one.  I, not wanting to be a human dart board or come across as that 'rub it in your face' girl, kept quiet.
Well, bring on the darts and the envy...

My husband writes encouraging, inspiring, and romantic handwritten love notes, emails, and texts to me all the time, without being prompted.  He has since we began dating...which definitely lent itself favorably to wooing me.
Often they come when I most need them and out of the blue...
when i've started in on a new goal
when i'm frustrated, inadequate, or overwhelmed
when i'm feeling frumpy and unattractive
when he knows I've had it up to here with the whining and fighting from the kids
mostly to tell me how wonderful he thinks i am and what a great job i am doing as a wife and mother.

We as mothers, wives, well women in general, are quite aware on our own of all the millions of weaknesses we possess and exhibit on a daily basis...over and over.  Heavenly Father knew that I needed a man that would never point them out to me, someone who would only build me up.
That is what I have in Mike.
I am eternally grateful for his optimism, his humor, his compassion, his tenderness, his work ethic, his righteousness, and especially
HIS LOVE.

Thank you Michael for loving me the mostest.

I am grateful for the covenants we have made to each other and to God, that will enable us to be husband and wife throughout eternity.  Imagine how many notes I will have gotten by then:)

I have had so much fun sifting through our photos from our life together.  It was difficult to narrow my favorites down, so here is just a sampling of Mr. and Mrs. Johnson, 14...going on 15.

















Just this past week Mike introduced me to a new music artist Mindy Gledhill and I immediately loved  one of her songs, "All About Your Heart".  As I heard the words of the chorus I began to cry:

Oh, I’ve loved you from the start
In every single way
And more each passing day
You are brighter than the stars
Believe me when I say
It’s not about your scars
It’s all about your heart


As I have battled with the adjustment of Multiple Sclerosis also being apart of our marriage and the toll that it has taken upon my soul companion, I am grateful that my love for him has surpassed the impact of those 'innumerable' scars and is all about his heart, the unconditional outpouring of love that he gives me each and every day.


Oh, I've loved you from the start
In every single way
And more each passing day
It's not about your scars
It's all about your heart
I LOVE YOU MICHAEL!!!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...