Sunday, January 03, 2010

November 2009: Thanksgiving at Mom's



The past months have been very difficult for my mother as both of her parents are not doing well, so my wonderfully thoughtful husband took the reigns for the Thanksgiving plans. As he loves to cook, it was fun for him and I didn't have to be in charge of cooking anything. My assignment was the floral arrangement, that I could do:-).


As per normal Dix Family tradition, we had to go around the table and say what we were most thankful for. I explained my gratitude for Mike this year, in particular his amazing positive and faithful outlook as well as his desire to serve others, most especially myself and our boys. We were also joined this year by my beautiful cousin Shelise and her family. She is an outstanding lady, a woman of faith and an amazing mother. I was so grateful to have her with us.

The most impactful words of the day came from my Daddy. When it was his turn to say what he was most thankful for this year, he said my mother and how she is what makes life worth living. I absolutely loved that. My parents are so deeply in love after all of these years. It makes my heart soar to know that and to hear those words spoken to my beautiful mother from my loving father.

After dinner it was on to some Rockband, a game our family has come to love. I will never again be able to hear the Beatles songs "Come Together" or "Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds" without thinking of my brother Luke singing his lungs out to it. Thanks to my sister-in-law Kelli for taking these photos. My camera never left the bag; shame on me.

1 comment:

  1. That was a fun night. Dad touched my heart too with his loving words! So glad that our parents love each other!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...